Chocolate mousse is the ultimate dessert for any chocolate lover. I like mine to be extra rich in flavour and very light in texture. Disclaimer Alert: You will not have any left overs when you make this easy 4 ingredient chocolate mousse. For this your stars can thank me later!
In less than 20 minutes you can make this heaven and your chocolatey cravings will be satisfied. Its light, rich in flavour and deliciously decadent! Delicious things that are simple to make, are my game! Without wasting more of your precious time, read the following recipe and hit your kitchen!
- 4 egg yolks (room temperature)
- 4 TBSP granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8.oz Chocolate chips (I used 60% cocoa, you can reduce the cocoa percentage depending on your taste buds)
Since this recipe calls for just 4 ingredients, make sure to use good quality chocolate.
- Whisk together egg yolks, 2 tablespoon sugar and 3/4 cup heavy cream in a medium saucepan. On medium to low heat, stir for 2 to 3 minutes until a solid layer forms at the back of your spoon. Do not let the mixture boil as it will spoil the texture of the mousse.
- Pour this hot pudding like mixture on Chocolate chips and let it sit for 2 minutes. This hot mixture will help chocolate chips to melt. Mix nicely using a spatula so avoid any chocolate lumps.
- Pour the remaining 1 1/4 cups of heavy cream and 2 tablespoon sugar in an electric mixer and whip the cream until you get moderate peaks.
- Fold this whipped cream and chocolate mixture together to get your heavenly mousse.
Chill for 30 minutes and indulge yourself in this yummy treat. It can be made and kept in the fridge for up to 3 days.
I had some leftover chocolate cake and layered this mousse in between.